Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Rachel's Pink Dress: Devotion Twinning, Anyone?

I confess: I did look for the Devotion Twins pink dress worn by Rachel in the final episode of The White Lotus. It was easy enough to find and, that night, was still in stock. The next morning, though, gone.

I don't have any lack-of-buying remorse, though. Would I really want to wear something that this trapped character wore? And then there's the fit: it's short and voluminous, which is not necessarily flattering.

Still, this is a very popular dress. I first noticed it a month or so ago while browsing Anthropologie (see their Petra dress) and even own something similar (with short sleeves) from Roller Rabbit (the Pamela dress). In fact, voluminous dresses have been having a moment over the past year, whether for ease and comfort or perhaps love of textile: it's pretty to see all those flounces swirling about.

But the Rachel dress? Like the Rachel hair, better enjoyed from the filter of a screen (for me). Plus, if Rachel is hopelessly devoted to Shane, I can't be Devotion Twinning with her.

Petra from Anthro



My Pamela from Roller Rabbit


Rachel in her dress; image from wornontv.com

No comments: