Friday, June 7, 2013

Baja Fever: Coveting a J Crew Shirt (updated)


I quite liked this Baja embroidered shirt from J Crew last week and dropped it in my virtual shopping bag a couple of times.

I liked it a little more this week when it went on sale, but still couldn't convince myself to click all the buttons on the order screen.

Then when it was SOLD OUT a couple of days ago, I absolutely ADORED it and went on a wild search via eBay. I also checked in multiple times with the original source in case one turned up. Nothing.

But with a clearer mind tonight, I cooly ordered the shirt when one surprisingly was available in my size and colour. We'll see.

Update: worth the effort and wait. But do a half-tuck like Liya in the photo to avoid le boxiness. Plus, the neckline is dangerously low, though it doesn't look so in the photo. Of course.

2 comments:

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

I have the same issue with fashion. When they told me there was a waiting list for Charlotte Olympia kitty flats, I had to have them. But when I got the email saying they were available I was so over it.

thatdamngreendress said...

Oh,I too have lived this form of desire many times. Ouch! But you will perhaps appreciate the top more now than if you'd easily found it?

Apparently J Crew updates the stock on the website every morning, so if something is sold out that's a good time to hunt for it again...