Saturday, December 29, 2018

Tiger by the Toile: Dior in Soho and the Meatpacking District

We zoomed into the city this afternoon so my daughter could connect with some college pals while Mr. C and I skulked around Soho.

My eye immediately went to the vitrine of Dior Soho, with its lifesize (oversize?) tiger in pink toile and an exquisite belted coat in sepia toile.



On the way home we motored through the Meatpacking district, and after mooning over a wee French bulldog, I saw yet another Dior festooned in toile on the corner of 14th Street (this photo is from my return visit on Sunday; it's my Dovima and the Elephant).



I would love to wear this toile trench, but even moreso would love to embroider a couple of the images à la Richard Saja. I've been dusting off my needles for this Christmas gift I made (by hand--no machines) for my college-student daughter.



Then on New Year's Eve I'd truly feel like the belle of the toile.

No comments: