Friday, July 23, 2021

Emma Corrin's "Quirky Blue Jumper": A Bloomsbury Mystery No More (Designed by Feben)

I just love clothing that evokes Charleston, the country--handpainted and embellished--home of Bloomsbury notable Vanessa Bell (and Duncan Grant). 

Sometimes the clothing makes a deliberate reference, which I find to be less compelling than those serendipitous connections. 

I like my clothing to be as an Emily Dickinson poem: "Tell all the truth but tell it slant––." And adding a bit of mystery only steepens the slant.

To wit: I have been captivated by this trompe l'oeil sweater that Emma Corrin wore to the premiere of their play Anna X. The same details (indeed, the same story) have been run in multiple sources, describing it only as a "quirky blue jumper." 

If anyone knows the designer, I'd welcome that information. (I was thinking maybe Miu Miu since Corrin is their new "face" but haven't found confirmation.)

*Update: Thanks to Sue, who let me know that Feben is the designer! Here is the image from her Instagram:


And here is a link to an interview.


2 comments:

Sue said...

Hello Kate, I think it might be by Central Saint Martin's graduate Feben. (???). Lovely to see your posts again. Xsue

Miss Cavendish said...

Thank you! Feben is indeed the designer!