Friday, February 16, 2007

Patchwork Scarves







Today is a particularly frigid day-- school for the girls is delayed yet again--so naturally I thought of bringing scarves outside to style them on the picket fence! Last weekend the girls thought they might like a new scarf each, so we looked through my stash of fabric and they picked out three colors to use.






I've always sewed by hand--pieced quilts, stitched my other bags on this blog--but I recently decided that using a machine is not a creative crime. In fact, it can make the pieces more durable! And I can certainly make them more quickly.






The result is two new scarves in an evening! I lined both of them in soft nursery rhyme flannel. I think I'll add an extra flannel layer to future scarves to increase their coziness. And I like to put a little tab on the scarf to slide one end through.






The girls have been putting them to good use in this snow.

No comments: