Friday, May 8, 2009

Elf Style


When my husband lived in Iceland for a year, I wrote him many, many letters. And he responded in kind, telling me stories about the Icelandic elves and trolls, the feisty Icelandic horses, and the hardfiskur (it's delicious with butter).

I must have been inspired, because we just found (in our shared cache of billet doux) this card that I sent him. It looks elfish, by way of outer space, which was probably where my mind was since I was writing my dissertation at the time.

Maybe it should be MC’s new avatar? I could trade my bunny ears for antennae. . .

3 comments:

K.Line said...

Well, if you're not going to use your own photo, this one is adorable!

La Belette Rouge said...

Captain Kirk dated that alien, I think.;-)

Belle de Ville said...

According to my daughter, who knows these things, If you get lost in the wilds of Iceland, an elf will invite you into their elf house and serve you tea and pancakes and then send you on your way...and something like 62% of the Icelandic population believes this to be true.