Thursday, May 14, 2009

Floating Island


I know that the title to this post is a dessert, but it sums up my anticipated summer activities.

I plan to spend my days alternately floating in the deliciously chill water of Prince Edward Island (once you get in, it’s fine, we natives say with a wink), sampling fresh, sweet strawberries with cream, gazing lovingly at the red cliff beaches, and writing, writing, writing. (Sometimes, one woman *is* an island.)

As our semester races to its end, I’m so looking forward to slow, luxurious days of water and sand and new books. And maybe I might sample that delicacy mentioned in Anne of Green Gables . . . what was it . . . ice cream?!

4 comments:

K.Line said...

So you opted to go with PEI after all? Much better than Collingwood - I assure you!

WendyB said...

Can I spend the summer with you?

Miss Cavendish said...

K.Line, After *talking* with you I just didn't feel right about booking a place I'd never seen for a month (Georgian Bay may be lovely but I don't know it . . .)

WendyB, Sounds good!

Jennifer said...

How lucky are you?!? Ever since I first read the Anne books (which I still love) I've wanted to visit PEI. Have a wonderful time, and don't forget your blog readers while you're away ;)