Saturday, August 4, 2012

Boden, Charleston, Barbara Brown, and My Left Arm

There's been a dearth of blogging over here, while my left arm takes a time-out. 

There had been a good deal of keyboarding and quilting going on this summer, and I think that my arm, shoulder, and neck demanded a vacation. 

But food for thought while my arm chills out: does not this fall dress from Boden remind you of the Barbara Brown prints I posted a while back . . .




as well as have Charleston undertones?



If only the style didn't remind me of Coronation Street, circa 1975, watched faithfully by my grandmother (and ignored by me as I thought of circus-colored awning stripes). 

More to come on that, as I have recently bought an outrageously striped pair of vintage Miu Miu shoes. They're visiting the cobbler, getting a couple of upgrades that will ready them to challenge Usain Bolt in the 100-metre dash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I do like the way your mind works, I think my favourite people are the ones who can jump cohesively from one random thing to another. It's a very entertaining gift. My arms probably won't even be in use past 60, too much laptoppery has given me some sort of RSI. ah well.