Sunday, December 18, 2016

Powder Puff Winter Style: Think Pink

As I sit by the glow of my Christmas tree in my deep-pinkish-red room, fluffy snowflakes falling outside my window, I'm currently obsessing over something equally pink and fluffy: this hat and these slides.

The pink baseball cap is from Opening Ceremony and also comes in an appealing camel (as well as more run-of-the mill black, leopard, and gray). The camel reminds me of butterscotch pudding, which adds to its appeal.

But it's the pink that evokes the old-time glamour of my mother's dressing-table powder puff. I'd love to wear this out in the snow with any jacket or coat.

Then these pink mink slides from Givenchy break all my rules: I don't like slides, I don't seek out fur. But these have a delicate sturdiness, coupled with a frivolous seriousness that I like.



And then these Miu Miu sandals have no business being shown during winter, but I think that their jeweled feathery embellishments are delightful. They remind of of Christmas ornaments, angel wings, and tinsel.


I could either hang them on my Christmas tree, or wear them underneath.




1 comment:

materfamilias said...

So far from my lifestyle, all three of these confections, but I love your perspective on them. Mostly, I'm just happy to catch a glimpse. Hope your marking's all done and you're settling into the season with family.