Saturday, November 25, 2017

Windowpane Checks at Lismore Castle

While on the east coast of Ireland this summer, we took an afternoon drive to Lismore Castle, Co. Waterford, Irish home of the duke of Devonshire, and variously Deborah Mitford, Adele Astaire, and Kathleen (Kick) Kennedy. Peregrine Cavendish (I know!) is the 12th duke of Devonshire.

To reach the castle and gardens we climbed up a stone tower, walked through an enclosed bridge, and were deposited on the upper level of the grounds, into a beautiful garden with sculptures seemingly planted throughout.

The top image is of a little window from the bridge. I loved the windowpanes and felt that I would be right at home in the tower; no castle necessary.

The tower/sentry is below. One enters through the right, climbs up to the window level and walks across.

Remembering those Lismore sentry/tower windowpanes, I wondered what Miss Cavendish would wear in her tower.

And Valentino did not disappoint.

I'd wear this windowpane dress:



The back is as pretty as the front. And are those pomo Ghillies she's wearing?

If there's a breeze, I'd add this windowpane jacket:



It also has a lovely back view. 

And if I ever tired of my tower home, I could always venture out in the garden, toward the castle . . .


. . . to say hello to the sculpture trying not to be noticed in the avenue of trees. 


I'd try not to annoy him, though. I wouldn't want to be a pain.

(all photos mine, except those of the clothes!)


No comments: