Sunday, July 14, 2019

Tennis Dresses Wimbledon Women's and Men's Final 2019: Frills, Flounces, and Heritage Lace


It's not easy to wear frills, flounces, and heritage-y lace channels. One runs the risk of either dressing too "little girl" or "grandma." I am an absolute proponent of wearing what one wants; it just needs to suit the wearer (and if they love it, grand!).

That said, I thought that Pippa Middleton and Mirka Federer made some statement-y choices for the women's and men's Wimbledon finals, respectively.




Pippa wore an Anna Mason London dress, customized in Liberty blue. It has fluttery sleeves and flouncy tiers. At first glance I thought Pippa had ordered a mini version, which I would not have liked, but the longer versions balances the sleeves, I think.



Today Mirka is in a very pale floral Zimmermann dress, which has the potentially Grandma lace channels, and fluttery sleeves a well. But I think she's channeling more vintage eccentric, which works on this hot summer day. It was shown with tennis shoes, above. I wonder if that's why she selected it . . .



No comments: