Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Goddess a Go-Go: Miss C's "A-muse-ing" Selvedge Magazine Story on Goddess Gowns

I've just received PDFs for my latest story for London's lovely Selvedge Magazine. This one's on goddess gowns. Mr. C asked if I wrote the main headline; I did supply the "a-muse-ing designs" part; he knows me well.

My research for this piece took me to Chicago, where I saw a Madeline Vionnet at the Chicago History Museum (along with gowns by Schiaparelli, Chanel, among other others).

This issue will come out mid December, for the Jan/Feb months.





2 comments:

Sue said...

I will look out for this when it's on the shelves. When we married in 1988, I was just finishing my Masters and bought for the ceremony a Romeo Gigli draped wool dress in Browns sale in a lovely heathery purple shade. It had a long, long band to wind and tie around the bust, whilst the dress underneath had long sleeves and a mid calf length drapey skirt.If only the moths hadn't got to it.

Miss Cavendish said...

I can picture your dress! Romeo Gigli is one of my favourite "vintage" designers and I was so happy that my editor illustrated this story with one of his gowns. Your dress sounds beautiful.