Sunday, February 22, 2009

Michelle Obama's Alaia Belt


I have Alaia on the brain this weekend. These shoes remind me of the supes stalking about in the late 80s.

And this dress reminds me of those great little ballerinas Alaia turned out (I had a Canadian knockoff in goldenrod that was perfect for an Alaia lover on an undergrad budget):


And of course j'adore this belt:


As you know, Michelle Obama wears a fab Alaia belt that’s a narrower version of the one above:



So may I suggest a new viral video:
“Just want to wear O-baa-maaaa’s bellllt . . .”
And Celine Dion is *not* allowed to do a cover.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I couldn't walk more than a half block in those shoes, I'm still drooling over 'em.

La Belette Rouge said...

I love that dress!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love everything you posted. I have a soft spot for perfs and pinking.

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

I'm with Sal--I can't wear those shoes. But the dress and belt I could/would do (if they went on sale, of course!).

K.Line said...

That dress is perfect with those shoes!

WendyB said...

LOVE those shoes and the wide belt. Alaia's clothes never look great on me but I'm into the accessories.

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

In my eyes Celine can do NO wrong...just like Alaia!

Miss Cavendish said...

But what about in Imelda's ears??

LJ said...

ahhhh le shoes....
xx-LJ from SOS!