Saturday, April 21, 2012

Of the Canadian Shield and Shoes

I remember learning about the Canadian Shield as a child--a massive region of "precambrian rock" surrounding Hudson's Bay. 

It's known for mining, a lack of human inhabitants, and its rugged beauty.

This Canadian has been thinking about a different shield, though: this pink high-heeled loafer by YSL.

 

Now, I've written here before that I absolutely do not like high heeled loafers.  And I still don't.  But the shiny gold shield transforms these by concealing the part that I do not like. 

I wouldn't want to actually visit the proper Canadian Shield in its namesake shoes, though.

2 comments:

K.Line said...

Ha! You know, I haven't seen a Calderone in a long time, but I don't know that the brand is gone...

WendyB said...

I want to marry that shoe.