Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Grundahl Time in Soho


When in Soho I avoid its mallification side but never miss IF, a boutique that carries eccentric European clothes.

My favorite designer there is Ivan Grundahl, who has a wonderful way with layers and pleats and smocking and asymmetry and ruching.

I tried on this dress, which was too large, but I loved the way the layers of net and pleats floated.


If the dress weren’t too big, I would have popped next door to the jeans shop to show Mr. C, so do I love wearing a gown during the day.

6 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Those pleats are gorgeous. I bet that was so hard to make.

Mardel said...

I haven't seen these clothes before but they are fascinating.

miss sophie said...

ooo - thanks for introducing me to this designer! that dress with the layered pleats looks quite stunning. :)

WendyB said...

I'm very in favor of daytime gowns.

Mary-Laure said...

Those pleats and details look stunning.

Anonymous said...

Ivan Grundahl is not only a designer he makes art! Look at his aw 09/10 collektion!

Greatings from Denmark
Karin