Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dressing with Grace

I'm delighted to announce that I have a new piece in the May/June issue of Selvedge magazine.

It's on Grace Kelly's style, and is timed to match the opening of the V&A's exhibit Grace Kelly: Style Icon.

Here's a peek at the article, and this month's beautiful cover:




Many thanks to the wonderfully smart women who provided quotes for this article (in order of appearance):

Kate Battrick, stylist and author of Make Do Style;

Linda Grant, author of The Thoughtful Dresser (both book and blog) and shortlisted Booker-Prize author of The Clothes on Their Backs;

Virginia Postrel, author of The Substance of Style and editor in chief of Deep Glamour;

Jo Glynn-Smith, retail editor of UK Harper's Bazaar, via Mrs. Trefusis;

Stephanie Savage, co-creator of the TV show Gossip Girl.


I hope you can check out this issue on the magazine racks to read these women's thoughtful perspectives on Grace Kelly's style.

8 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Sooooo exciting. I am going to try a news stand and see if I can find a copy. Congratulations! The piece looks gorgeous. I can't wait to read it.
xxoo

Jennifer said...

How exciting! I can't wait to read your article. Who doesn't love Ms. Kelly?!?

K.Line said...

I love that woman - and the photo of her in the swimsuit is so beautiful! Can't wait to see your new piece...

Make Do Style said...

I've got to get a copy the front cover is gorgeous and that picture of Grace Kelly in the bikini is just WONDERFUL!

Angie Muresan said...

Well, congratulations again, Miss C.!
I hope your Mother's Day was a happy one.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Miss Cavendish.
bg

Sister Wolf said...

Yay for you!!!!!

The Spicers said...

That's wonderful! Congrats.