Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Elizabeth BB Contemplates LV
1. It is straight instead of curvy.
2. It is substantial instead of spindly.
3. It is, granted, high, but the heel's sturdiness makes it seem not precarious.
4. It is architectural. I see skyscrapers.
5. It is strong and exudes confidence. To rewrite a maxim from Michael Keaton's character in The Paper: "A clipboard and a confident heel will get you inside any building." (Aside: Do I want to carry a clipboard? Nooo. How about a leather-bound notebook? No Blackberry, either, please!)
6. It is from Louis Vuitton Fall 2010, demonstrating that Marc can indeed make an elegant shoe. He just often prefers not to. Bartleby the Shoemaker, I guess.