Wednesday, August 24, 2011

She's Got the Beat

A long time ago, when I was a tender student in the 1980s, I did some front-of-camera work.

One day the photographer wanted to cut my shoulder-length hair.  I agreed, but wasn't fully prepared for the statement cut--short at sides and back, long and high in front.

Memories are, umm, cropping up this season as that look is making a reappearance:



Even the hair stylist of the above three images, Didier Malige for Frederic Fekkai, takes me back!


My monae is on the above look for fall.  Indeed, it seems that every hair style that comes around, Go Gos around . . .

2 comments:

Belle de Ville said...

God please...don't let us go through 80's styles again.
Once in a lifetime was enough.
Meanwhile, my daughter is fascinated with all things 80's. Now she's watching "Miami Vice" on Netflix. AYYYYY

Susan B said...

Reminds me of my Sheena Easton 'do. Actually got a lot of compliments at the time.

Also did the Big Hair, won't be revisiting that one either.

Belle, Miami Vice at least had some really good music...