Thursday, August 4, 2011

To Buy Bernardos, or Not to Buy?

Oh, I had plenty of time to think about them, so there's really no excuse for my tardiness. 

I had seen them in February, and yet again in May on the Manolo's Shoe Blog and visited Zappos each time while making mental notes.

But I guess I forgot about them until I saw a fellow ferry traveler in Nantucket wearing them, wearing them so very well indeed.

By now I had forgotten their name and manufacturer (Mojito; Bernardo), so I engaged in some research that overheated my happily vacationing computer, till I located them again.

But this time I read the reviews (this can either be a genius or self-defeating move) and determined that about nine-out-of-ten wearers either sent back the sandals or were *very* unhappy with how the sandals fit.

So, gentle readers, should I jump at this "last" chance or be happy that I've avoided what may be a disappointing fit?

7 comments:

LPC said...

My mother wears Bernardos, without complaint. That said, I can't vouch for this particular model.

Miss Cavendish said...

They were, apparently, a great favourite of Jacqueline Kennedy as well!

Dorky Medievalist said...

Maybe these are limousine sandals. Did Jackie Kennedy ever have to walk very far? I bet they look pretty with a pedicure though. It might be a question of form over function with these, I think.

materfamilias said...

Funny, I was just talking to my daughter about a pair of Camper sandals that were supposed to be a summer mainstay. Love the look of them with so many outfits but end up avoiding them because of the way my little toe gets crushed an hour or so into a day in them. Comfortable, well-fitting at the cash register, they only get out on non-walking, non-standing occasions now.
Still, those Bernardos are so perfect, and maybe they'll work with your feet. . .

Miss Cavendish said...

I already have a pair of limousine shoes: 4-inch yellow scallop booties from L.A.M.B. I wear them in the classroom only on movie days :-)

Anonymous said...

Bernardo's are beautifully made and comfortable, besides free shipping both ways from Zappo's, if the fit is off they can be returned easily. I say go for it!
What color are you getting?

Miss Cavendish said...

As for colour, I'm limited to what's in my size, aka "not much," at this late stage of summer!