Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Impressionism, Fashion, Modernity, and Chicago

I took a quick trip to Chicago this weekend on assignment to cover the exhibit Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity at the Art Institute of Chicago.

I don't travel to Chicago often, and completely forgot how windy it is, and how that wind can produce a chill. One morning when I woke up, I thought I was experiencing the beginning of a Canadian Fall!

At least one day felt like summer, though, so I wore strapless-for-day to the exhibit.  (I'm clutching a cardigan and my press pass.) 

The dresses on display boasted considerably more fabric, but the quantity of material my dress lacked was made up for by the amount of intellectual material I took away from the exhibit.

1 comment:

GWClark said...

'Twas an amazing exhibit - just caught it two weeks ago. First heard about it when at the Musee d'Orsay last January, but had too many students with me to check it out! The exhibit was so well done and included so many impressionist pieces I'd never seen. Truly awesome! - GWClark (of OWE fame)