Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Rouge"

The more I consider the palette of this film, well, the more I consider it.

I’m currently infatuated with this shade I’m calling “rouge,” which means, to me, a faded genteel red/pink.

It’s especially beautiful in the poster for the film, and you can see it in the initial moments of the film, as Jean-Do slowly brings his eyes into focus, through the end.

I’m seeing it against the cool aquas of the therapists’ jackets, the blue of the sea, and the snippet of Emmanuelle Seigner’s dress in this photo.


But right now, I really want a lipstick in this shade.

It’s got real charm.



Any recommendations?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've got nary a recommendation, but I will be anxious to see what others suggest, as I'd like a similar lipcolor.

Anonymous said...

Try Stila's Convertible Color in "Petunia." :) Did some research for ya!

Miss Cavendish said...

Thanks, cc! I'm checking out this shade right now!