Thursday, April 2, 2009

Boden Bonanza


Yesterday evening I popped on Boden’s website to see whether I was tempted to use my $20 coupon.

I find that much of Boden’s clothing is too “playful” for me, with its big buttons and cheerful appliques; they’d have suited my 20-year-old self, but not my 40-year-old one.

However, I have collected a few A-line, sleeveless, floaty summer cotton dresses that I love, as well as some sleeveless V-crossover cotton voile tops that are perfect with shorts and skirts.

I arrived about 7:00 p.m. and found an April Fool’s surprise: everything was 25% off for the duration of April 1. So I navigated the site and found a top (see above for style on a model; mine’s in gray [below]) that reminds me of Liberty fabric (and how I do wish that Liberty made shirts in styles other than the traditional button-up with collar. They’re just too conservative for me [I can look overly formal verrry quickly] but I love the fabrics so much. I had high hopes for Pronk, as well, and would love to see a different summer shirt style from that smart designer).


So anyway, with all of the discounts, this top cost all of $23, with free shipping! And if I wear it as much this summer as I wear my other similarly styled tops, it will pay for itself almost immediately.

The amusing thing was that other people were slow to discover but quick to act on this promotion. I tried to check in again around 10:00 and then again at 11:00 to see whether I might use my second $20 coupon on this deal, and the site had crashed. It stayed inoperable for the rest of April 1.

UPDATE: As I post this, I see that Boden is extending its sale through April 2, because of last night’s crash. So Boden fans (aka Sal), you might want to get online!

5 comments:

K.Line said...

What a score! Excellent money saving and a lovely top.

Unknown said...

so fabulous ...at such a great price. I'd prefer to do all my shopping online, really.

drollgirl said...

they are sure having a great sale. i have tried their clothes, but they were a little too cutesy for me. or maybe i just chose the wrong pieces! i'll check again.

Anonymous said...

I love looking at Boden, though I agree about the level of whimsy...I've only purchased a couple of shirts and a pullover from them. The sweater is very nicely shaped compared to most...

Anonymous said...

Are these clothes are from Boden Discount ? or these are normal rate clothes! I like to purchase cheap and lovely new fashion dresses like these!