Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lone Star or Five Star? Givenchy's Summer Accessories

Givenchy’s summer accessories collection has shades of Johnny Guitar, as Italian chic meets western wear.

Although sometimes the visual play on cowhide is a little too “novelty” for me, I’m digging the shoes above, in that color.

Here are some bags:

Texas Star, anyone? (I've made a quilt out of this pattern!)


A perfect canteen shape:


I’d happily carry this one:



But maybe not in this color combination: (I have a patterned Etro pony hair bag and NEVER use it.)


And a couple more looks at shoes:

I d’orsay, this shoe has a distinctly western feel:



Maybe . . . but unsure about the prominent star:



Love these cast-iron stovepipes, though:



How many stars does this collection merit for you?

5 comments:

pve design said...

Take a true starlet to sport some of those fab items.
I need a lasso to rope some in!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I agree that some of the two-tone pieces are a bit much. Love that buckskin handbag, though.

hollarback said...

The last pair of boots remind me of a truncated George Segal sculpture and the tin woodsman if he had been into leather.

Maybe it's just me

WendyB said...

This makes me feel like breaking out my vintage Todd Oldham Western jacket!

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

I'm not one for the Western look, but I do like these shoes. The only thing that worries me is the thin strap in the front. I'm afraid of a blister.