Thursday, April 30, 2009

Menswear for Me

Although I wear J Crew shorts almost exclusively during the summer, that’s the limit of my warm-weather-wear purchases from that company.

I find its t-shirts to be too flimsy, its jackets to be too bulky-boxy, and the bodice of its sundresses cut in too slight a fashion.

That doesn’t mean that I haven’t been enjoying J Crew’s Spring 2009 lookbook, though.


Menswear has always appealed to me; yes, I wore a vintage men’s blazer with the cuffs rolled up in the 80s, and I like how J Crew has updated the look via mildly baggy shorts (to wear with heels, bien sur), a belted or a be-necklaced cardigan, and a simple shirt.


I don’t think I’d like any of these pieces individually, but together, they inspire a confident strut down a city sidewalk to rival John Travolta’s in Saturday Night Fever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree. The pieces alone are blah, but together ... outfit magic.

K.Line said...

This is the genius of good styling and using the right model for the job. I really don't like those roll-y shorts but here, they're working. Nice photos...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
La Belette Rouge said...

Did you see in the catalog how they gave the secret to styling the roll up shorts? Buy a pair one size up and wash two times and dry and leave to wrinkle then roll. I won't be doing it but I appreciate them sharing their secrets. I do love the lipstick on model #2.