Sunday, September 20, 2009

What Not to Wearstler


The title to this post is deeply ironic, since I think that Kelly Wearstler wears her clothes very well.

But this post is not about clothes; rather, it’s about the wallpaper in this image from the October issue of Vogue US.

It’s hand-painted, designed by Wearstler, and reminds me of either . . .

a) a single brush stroke of a perfect shade of nail polish that doesn’t exist,

or

b) a genial slick of sheer, yet colorful imaginary lip gloss.

I could see myself taking this magazine page to a chemist and demanding that a nail and lip color be concocted for me, pronto!

6 comments:

Make Do Style said...

You know I'm sure Chanel or Essie do a colour such as this. Or it might be a new Nails Inc colour..I will investigate.

And yes of course Leaving on a Jet Plane - I love that song but it is the only one I really know. I always did it for karoke!

LPC said...

Irony. One of the great tools allowing the intellect to communicate passion.

WendyB said...

I just saw this photo today and really loved it. It reminded me of standing against the graffiti'd wall in Paris while wearing my Francis graffiti dress. I enjoy a good background!

Belle de Ville said...

I would like to come back in another life as Kelly Wearstler, she has the perfect life...or so all those magazine articles would lead me to believe.

Jennifer said...

Lately Vogue seems to be in the habit of having the children of the subject hanging off the stairs or jumping on the bed or being otherwise rambunctious... is this because the nanny or au pair isn't watching them at the moment?

Mardel said...

OH I love this photo, and the color is divine. Life without irony would be so flat.