Monday, June 20, 2011

Bound to Liberty of London Binding

I enjoy making my own half-inch binding for my quilts, but if I didn't, I'd be singing the praises of thie beautiful Liberty of London bias binding. 

It would be glorious to dress up the edge of a white or even a patterned pillowcase (particularly a patterned pillowcase?).


A tablecloth or a pair of curtains would instantly become cheerier as well with a floral edge. (Floral edge?  Isn't that an oxymoron?  Not with Liberty, I say.)


Because the binding comes on its own wooden dobby, I could also collect the lot and simply display them--on my spice rack, for instance, or in my china cupboard, so that my pulse would quicken while my eyes stopped to linger.


These dobbies loaded with Liberty binding are available through Selvedge magazine's dry goods link.


And although I've written for Selvedge a few times, I'm not reflecting a bias, only presenting some beautiful bias binding.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss doing some sewing - just don't seem to have time these days. Those Liberty print bindings are lovely! xx

coffeeaddict said...

Oh Miss C., what have you done?! Now you've got me salivating all over these adorable dobbies. If the printed bias doesn't win people over, the wooden dobbies will do the job for sure. And did I mention I am on a self imposed shopping embargo on all thing sewing related? And yes notions count. Now let's see if I can find a way to work around it somehow...

Miss Cavendish said...

I am tempted to make some Liberty binding and find a wooden spool to wind it round!