Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Second Cup of Cappuccino, with the Duchess

Readers may remember my post on the semantics of ordering more than one cappuccino in a cafe.

Here's an instance, though, where one cap would be just perfect.

I've been storing a mental image of the Duchess of Cambridge wearing this hat at Epsom, and return to it time and again because it is such a compact, cunning shape, and has a terrific color.  It's called cappuccino, but also reminds me of a delicious cookie dunked in said cap.



The hat is made by the stately house of Whiteley and, for those of us who love to look at winter plums, here's a smart version for the colder weather.




Would you eat this plum if it were in the icebox? (Poetry alert!  Name that poet!!)

9 comments:

Susan B said...

ee cummings!

She does seem to have quite good taste in hats.

Katherine said...

William Carlos Williams?

K.Line said...

William Carlos Williams!

K.Line said...

And Andrea (impossible cat) has a photo of him on her blog today!

WendyB said...

I love the cold weather version!

blandina said...

I love your blog and your gentle talk of fashion and what is 'seen'. I like your comments, your humour and your irony. Never change, please!

materfamilias said...

This is just to say . . .
I might not eat that plum, but I would definitely wear it.

Susan B said...

May I just express my chagrin at my incorrect answer as to the author of one of my favorite poems?

Miss Cavendish said...

Oh, une femme, don't feel bad! The snippet I alluded to also reminds me of Ezra Pound's "Station of the Metro," with its "petals on a wet, black bough." This plummy hat could have been one of those petals!