Sunday, March 14, 2010

Not a Shoe-in

I'm finding spring shoes to be mostly uninspired.

There's an attempted resurgence of mules, against which I will wage a fierce campaign;


from Alexander Wang

the ski boot/ortho device hybrid (*for a truly spectacular example, see here; chez Sister Wolf);


from Altuzarra

the ubiquitous clog;


pump/clog hybrid from Comme des Garcons


the wooden platform heel;


from Robert Clergerie


the remaining gasps of the treadful look (this one reminds me of the black swan from Swan Lake, treading water, naturally);

from Alexander Wang


or the hippie over-tooled/woven sandal.

from Givenchy


Have the shoemakers lost their way this spring?  How can we get their--and our--feet on the right path?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a selection. I love your descriptions, especially the ortho.

bg

Belle de Ville said...

I wouldn't buy any of those shoes. Really, can't they do better?

Angela said...

I am still on the Valentino wedge mood.

Sister Wolf said...

Tragic, all of them.