Monday, March 15, 2010

Paul Smith Shirtdress

I'm not a real fan of proper shirts with collars, buttons, and sleeves, nor am I mad about the shirtdress. 

As I've probably said a gazillion times here, they make me look too conservative, too outfitty, even, and I prefer either a thrown-together, slightly askew mix or utter minimalism.

But one look at Paul Smith's mini shirtdress with assymetrical closure on the side and I was intrigued.

I'd undo the top buttons, lose that ghastly necktie from the catwalk (below),



and wear this shirtdress as a fitted tunic with a pair of cigarette-leg khakis and high, high substantial heels.  Nothing dainty.

And I'd totally keep the topknot.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh I do like. Never purchased anything Paul Smith before.

WendyB said...

Ooh, a fellow non-fan of collared shirts!

I always feel strangled.

Sister Wolf said...

Paul Smith is too expensive for me, but I worship him. Why can't he just give us this dress??