Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Gin and Tunic

In almost every Nantucket shop you'll find a tunic. 

Some are made of Indian cotton prints, with or without extensive embroidery; some have been bedazzled within an inch of their hems; some are sturdy solid tunics, with a solid, trusty trim around the neck.

I really wanted to buy one; specifically an Amaya tunic (that's a hand-embroidered detail, to the right), but found that I was between two sizes, and one does want a tunic to fit just right.

So I shall simply raise my glass to this elusive garment.

Seriously: "gin and tunic" sounds like a good summer drink to me.  Bartenders: you read it here first!

5 comments:

WendyB said...

Never been to Nantucket. Are there lots of limericks there?

La Belette Rouge said...

I just bought 3 tunics from the Nordstrom big sale. I hope they are the tunics of my dreams. If not they are going back and I am going to keep looking.

Miss Cavendish said...

Belle, it sounds like you are making tunic salad.

La Belette Rouge said...

Tunic salad!!!LOL!!! This is why I love you. This and because of you I have bangs( yes, I credit you with my new hair).

Miss Cavendish said...

WendyB, This explains why I saw a t-shirt for sale saying "I am the man from Nantucket." At first I thought it was a revisionist Men at Work lyric, but now I get it!