Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to the 1990s

When I caught my first glimpse of this Hans Feurer spread in T magazine, I was instantly transported to a magical world of the past, one in which Yasmin Le Bon and Elaine Irwin wore dark, defined eyebrows and leapt about a clean city with their hair pulled back neatly in topknots and buns.

For this story returned me to the 1990s, in the best of all possible ways.  It references gently, but doesn't mimic.  And it didn't surprise me that this photographer shot for British Vogue in the 1970s.  To be sure, there's a 70s/90s hybrid feel to these images.


The appeal and the pull of the setting is so strong, that I barely noticed the clothes.  Instead, I wanted to join this merry duo.  Shall we?

4 comments:

WendyB said...

You had me at the names of vintage models!

Jooey said...

wow, i did notice the clothes and they're quite amazing too.

Angie Muresan said...

Of course we shall!

Carole Poirot said...

I'll join in! Fabulous pictures. I've just stumbled upon your blog and think it's fantastic - itellectual fashion, wonderful. Love from London x