Friday, September 3, 2010

Mad, Plaid, and Dangerous to Know

It is no secret that this part Scottish lass loves tartan.  Here are some new favorites:

Commes des Garcons coat, at right:






Another view, below:



The stylishly bulbous padding on the coat above reminds me of the initial description of Tom Buchanan in The Great Gatsby, how his overgrown muscularity has him bursting at the seams of his genteel riding clothes. Of course, that image was meant to portray him as a well dressed brute, whereas these images simply evoke being well dressed.

Back to my favorites.  This Carolina Herrera dress (love the Flamenco/Scottish mix):



and these (orange!) Bettye Muller shoes:


8 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Ever since I got my wee Scottish Westie I have gone plaid mad. LOVE that coat and those shoes and that first model's hair. Love it all.

WendyB said...

LOVING that coat.

Toby Wollin said...

I have a series of pieces of plaid wool to make jackets this fall and winter. I LOVE plaid, if for no other reason than the fact that you can coordinate it with so many other things.

devilishlypleasurable said...

those shoes are awesome

Mardel said...

Love the coat, Love the shoes.

materfamilias said...

Oh, please, buy that coat and post a photo of yourself wearing it. Please? Pretty please?

Miss Cavendish said...

Ha! If I could only have that coat, I *would* indeed post a photo!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ooat, gorgeous shoes. This mostly Scottish lass is always looking for a good plaid/tartan anything!