Sunday, December 25, 2011

DSquared2 Does a Figure 8

There is no snow on the east coast.  If I'd waited till noon to go running today, I think I could even have worn shorts (if I'd increased my pace a bit).

But I really don't want to tie my running shoes this week; I'd much rather lace a pair of skates for an outdoor glide.

Fellow Canadians Dan and Dean Caten of DSquared2 may have come to the rescue with their curious skating shoes (one boot is amusingly called Skate Moss):



Yet these rubber-soled faux skates are to me the shoe equivalent of Wii sports: they invoke the activity, but noone's going to qualify for the Olympics by wearing them.




Still, this Canadian appreciates the sartorial attempt at a quadruple Axel as Dan and Dean Caten go Skaten. 

2 comments:

Susan Tiner said...

Yes, curious. I think I'd rather just go ice skating.

Did you buy a Treacy hat in NY?

Miss Cavendish said...

No hat shopping this time; I focused on cashmere and pencil skirts!