Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wild Things: Boots, Scarves, Sweaters

Yesterday my six-year-old son and I were both home with the flu. 

We watched a lot of European soccer, a little American basketball, and Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are

I adored the color palette in the film, with the softest beiges, greys, and linens against the Australian beach.



If I were to join the Wild Things gang, I'd wear these Louboutin boots.



I'd pair them with one or more of these textured scarves from Barneys,



But at a cost of $550 for this one, below,



perhaps I should just buy my own yak and trot her around.

My son, if he'd like to join us, could wear one of these sweaters, also from Barneys:




Fortunately, we have moved away from purple Barneys and on to heathery, feathery, cable-knit inspired Wild Thing monsters.

1 comment:

materfamilias said...

You know exactly how to dress a Wild Thing. Those Louboutins are amazing. And the Barneys sweaters are quite brilliant as well -- I'd love the Fox and perhaps the Chickadee. . .