Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lemon Dressing

Back in the early-to-mid 1990s, Cynthia Rowley made some dresses from a delightful lemon print. 

I have one of them--a short shirtdress--tucked away in my closet, for as many years, and I think it will reemerge this summer.

When I think of Rowley, I therefore always think of lemons, so it was apt that the dress I admired in the recent Anthropologie catalogue turned out to be a "Citris" dress by Ms. Rowley herself.



This could be worn rightnow, and I would do so happily.

If I were staying within the Anthropological confines, I'd pair it with these curious boots,



and would dive into my jewel box for a brooch that looks like this one,



to pin on the waistband.

Not Rowley, but reminiscient in spirit.

1 comment:

Susan Tiner said...

I enjoy reading your process on putting an outfit together, real or imagined. This time the brooch is the pièce de résistance.