Wednesday, April 30, 2008

White Shoes for Spring and Beyond


For the last month or two I’ve been secretly thinking about white(ish) shoes.

I typically avoid white shoes because they remind me of weddings (and you know how I feel about traditional wedding clothes) or little girls at Easter time (and I’m a little too grown up for that last scenario).

But thanks to LLG, who wears these fantastic shoes with black tights (see them at the end of her post) and Thumbelina Fashionista, who posted about these beautiful Missoni shoes, I’ve taken the plunge and ordered the above creamy white(ish) Nanette Lepore shoes.

Although they’re open toe, they could be worn with some swank black opaque stockings well after Labor Day, and sans tights all summer. And they’re four inches high(!) but decidedly do not invoke the Currin shoe (as I now call it) of yesterday’s post.

6 comments:

pve design said...

White-on, looks great and I have been thinking the same thing!

WendyB said...

Very pretty!

riz said...

Beautiful. I think I'm bipolar when it comes to fashion because I so often vacillate betw. the saccharine and the somber and dark.

K.Line said...

I love the white shoe with tights - though I agree that it veers closely into wedding territory (a thing I try to avoid at all costs). The combo of the toughness of the shoe, the high heel and the buttery leather is compelling. I think you should work this look for sure - would be great for springtime with some of your lovely dresses and tights or over the knee socks.

Elizabeth said...

Dark tights are a great way to foil the primness of the shoes. I say go for white.

Liberty London Girl said...

Fab shoes! Thank you for the mention, & for the lovely comment that you made today! Love LLGxx