Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back of the Closet: 1


Receptive to inspiration whenever it may strike, I sometimes save images to my computer’s blog folder and then forget about them.

In the spirit of a “back-of-the-closet moment,” I thought I’d occasionally go through my photo “archive” to see what I’d been thinking about a few months ago.

The first image I found is this scan of an illustration I did some years ago. The model is wearing a Versace dress, and I was trying to use clean lines and only hint at a finished form.

You’ve seen some of my watercolors, which are considerably more “done”; here’s a more spare pen-and-ink drawing.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It is very evocative in it's sparseness. I love it.

Songy said...

Great hair-do. I'm coveting that toned arm. :)

Mary-Laure said...

I had no idea you could draw! I envy people with that talent.

Couture Carrie said...

I love this drawing - it reminds me of this "one-line drawing" exercise I used to do in one of my art classes!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

Stop hogging all the talent.

..... said...

what a great sketch !!