Thursday, October 16, 2008

Catch the Wave


Doing a visual collection of trends really isn’t my blog’s m.o., especially when CC does it so beautifully every day, but I couldn’t resist sharing these waves I’ve been seeing—everywhere!

For instance, check out the logo for feministing.com, a smart, savvy site of feminist thought. Doesn’t it look very similar to Hussein Chalayan’s dress above?



Winter waves from Anthropologie.




And: from Project Runway’s finale last night: a couple of wavy looks from winner Leanne’s collection.





Even this anti-bride loves the wedding dress.



Waves aren’t just for the beach . . .
Hang ten!

7 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i was absolutely floored by Leanne's collection...i wanted to own every single piece!

La Belette Rouge said...

Surf is definitely up! Really pretty collection of ocean inspired pieces.

WendyB said...

Pretty!

Anonymous said...

So much more classy and subdued than straight-up ruffles. I wholeheartedly approve.

Elizabeth said...

This is a great trend.

I like those looks from Project Runway; it's nice to see something from the show on your blog, as I don't watch, and would have missed out. Thanks for posting, miss cav.

Songy said...

Well linked, Miss C.
The last dress is very pretty. I would be wearing that dress for my wedding (third one..with the same guy of course)if I could.

Couture Carrie said...

Awwww, thanks for the link love, darling! This roundup is exquisite. I love the PR bustier dresses so much. But I love your logo even more!

xoxox,
CC