Saturday, October 25, 2008

Four Things I've Been Meme-ing to Tell You . . .


Stylish Disney Roller Girl tagged me with this “four things” meme. I’m delighted to respond!

Four places I go over and over:

1. Morgane Le Fay
2. the bookstore to buy Selvedge magazine
3. The 7th Ave. fashion district to buy fabric
4. Wherever I can get a really great “why bother”—a 16 oz. decaf skim latte

Four (OK--three!) people who email me regularly:

1. My NYC editor—Hi MJ!
2. My journalism students (on deadline)!
3. Miss C readers

Four places I’d rather be:

1. On a salt-water beach.
2. In Liberty of London.
3. Shopping on Laugavegur
4. At the Irish Lion drinking Guinness.

Four television shows I watch. (I’m tweaking this a little, because I rarely watch TV these days. So here’s a list of four groundbreaking *stylish* shows that I have watched and appreciated for their *dressing* savvy:

1. Style with Elsa Klensch
2. Ab Fab (loved Bubble!)
3. MTV’s House of Style (original version with Cindy Crawford)
4. Mr. Dressup (any Canadian readers join me on this one?)

Four people I’m tagging:

1. Mr. Style
2. Passementerie
3. Materfamilias
4. my man Imelda

Four places I like to eat.

1. The Raft, Newport Beach, California. Enter a modest café front and step through the back door to a little gem of a boating dock where the breakfasts (fruit/yoghurt/granola; huevos rancheros) were delectable. Eat as the boats gently knock against each other right beside your table. (It is now closed, alas.)

2. The wharf near Dalvay by the Sea, Prince Edward Island. Enjoy a lobster roll made fresh from the boats and super-creamy ice cream.


3. Schwartz’s Hebrew Delicatessen, St.-Laurent Blvd., Montreal, Quebec. Go for the hot smoked meat sandwiches and Cott’s Black Cherry soda.



4. Bibendum, London. Sit in the café section for delicious coffee and pastries and marvel at the Art Deco building (an original Michelin factory). (See photos above.)

14 comments:

..... said...

merci beaucoup for havin tagged me !! what an honour and pleasure Miss Cavendish ! however i gave this exclusivity to one blog who sent me a request a while ago !! so i just cant for the moment as i've promised but let's do it after if u dont mind ! im sincerely sorry !

Elizabeth said...

Oh miss cav, you have superb taste!

WendyB said...

I want to join you drinking Guinness.

Belle de Ville said...

Ah, the Raft in Newport Beach...what a great place for a weekend breakfast. Such a shame that it closed.

Miss Cavendish said...

Pas de problem, Mr. Style!

enc, you are too kind . . .

WendyB, shall we add some whiskey pie to the evening?

belle de ville, how exciting to find another Raft fan!

K.Line said...

Oooh, you've been to Iceland. Cool in all ways :-) And I love Schwartz's too - Have you been to the Main? Did I tell you I ran into Leonard Cohen there once? I've had my own thing with Mr. Dressup. Hilariously named given our penchant for the dressing up.

Miss Cavendish said...

Hi K.Line-- Mr. C lived in Iceland for a year, so I went to visit . . . No, I didn't know you saw LC on the Main. (I lived on Crescent for a year.) Glad to read that you know Mr. Dressup too! I loved his tickle trunk . . .

Songy said...

I didn't know Selvedge. This is great. I find cool new stuff whenever I read meme posts. :)

Mr. Style is great. I'm sure I drive him crazy all the time being a demanding reader I'm. :P

La Belette Rouge said...

I miss Style with Elsa Klensch. I used to get up early on Saturdays just to watch her.

Couture Carrie said...

Cute post title!
And I adore AbFab too! Bubble is the best; I love when she tries explaining to Edina about receiving a message on the fax machine!

xoxox,
CC

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

How's about I meet you at Liberty and we can give my media discount a beating and then head to the pub where I won't drink Guinness and you will???

Thanks for the tagxx

Miss Cavendish said...

Sounds fab, Imelda!!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Liberty of London. Nirvana.

materfamilias said...

I've posted mine -- thanks for sharing the fun