Friday, October 10, 2008

McQueen for a Day


**UPDATED BELOW**

Does anyone miss the days of Merchant/Ivory film-making?

I wanted to wear anything and everything from Howards End—the generous paisley wraps especially.

If I were to don this fabulous velvet cocoon coat from Alexander McQueen, I could almost hear my gown rustling as I walked through the wet meadow.

But tell me, would Mrs. Wilcox have carried this snappy clutch? (Don't say Jacky would have!)


Here's another view of the clutch. It costs 635 pounds sterling, about $1260 US dollars. Cintra Wilson (the NYT's Critical Shopper) noted that it was available in the McQueen shop in NYC. The coat, however, is available on Net-A-Porter for just below $17,000.

Lovely to look at, I'd say.

9 comments:

WendyB said...

I love McQueen. I have two great suits by him that I don't really get to wear since I left the corporate world.

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

Sigh. I miss those movies so much. Every once in a while I'll find something produced by one or both of them on NetFlix that was never released into the mainstream over here. Not blockbuster stuff, but still worth it.

Elizabeth said...

How lush! I doubt I'd have a dime to stow in that clutch after buying that coat.

..... said...

i love mcqueen !! i've seen his latest show and it was brilliant !

Songy said...

That clutch looks rather rock&rollish. I don't know why. I just can't picture that with the coat. I will be super happy to carry that with leather leggings and loose tee.

Songy said...

I just wanted to check out the price on those but didn't see them in net-a-porter.

I'm sure both of them will be completely out of reach for me but.. just wanted to know. :) Where could I find them?

Miss Cavendish said...

Hey Songy--I don't think I'd pair the two together either, but individually I think they're delightful.

If you go to Net-a-Porter and type in "McQueen cocoon coat" you'll find it. The price is a cool $17,000 (rounded up).

I don't know where you can find the bag online; you might have to call the McQueen shop . . . Maybe I'll do that when it opens and report back!

Songy said...

Hey,, thank you. That's great. I can really see the texture of the leather. The closure is awesome too. Yep, super lovely to look at. I really appreciate this, Miss C.

:D

nadia wilcock said...

i would absolutley carry the clutch :)