Thursday, October 2, 2008

Weird Fashionistas

Manhattan, NY—Fashion Week 2008 was engulfed by water as rain poured down in torrents during the shows at Bryant Park. Three weird fashionistas were heard having the following conversation. Full, legible text at the end. Props to the Bard, of course.












With many thanks to Songy, who turned me on to Phixr.com, a terrific photo manipulation site, and to enc, who graciously offered to Photoshop these images if I couldn’t do it on my own. This is obviously my first attempt, as I navigate font styles, size, color, etc . . . (P.S. I know two photos are upside down. I wanted my witches to fly.)

When shall we three meet again?
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?

When the Fashion Week is done,
When there's no show left but one.
When Bryant Park is drenched in sun.

Where to meet?
Nearby the tent.

There to meet with MacQueen
[This witch doesn't realize she's on the wrong continent]

Fair is foul, and foul is fair,
Hover through the shows with filthy hair.

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful set of images, and I love the thoughts that went into this witty and wonderful project.

Well done, Miss Cav!

Songy said...

lol. That was fantastic, Miss C.
That reminded me a lot of Terry Pratchet's three witches series.
So groovy I love it!

Miss Cavendish said...

Thanks, enc!

I don't know this series, Songy; will see if I can find it right now!

La Belette Rouge said...

Really funny! Love it. Fashion can take itself a little too seriously and I think that a sense of humour is a very chic accessory and is key to have at the height of fashion season.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

pure brilliance. they're beautifully haunting and whimsical. well done!

Couture Carrie said...

Love this post! The pics and poem are a delight!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

Where can I get a pair of smartypants like yours? Seriously, I LOVED this. Where'd you grab the images from? (Some incredibly widely-read fashion mag that I'm too square to recognize, perhaps?)

Anonymous said...

How incredibly dreamy are these photos?!

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! I am a huge lover of all things Shakespeare (Macbeth is one of my favorite plays--I can't choose just one). You're brilliant!