Monday, October 20, 2008

Of Gams and Gamines


Earlier this month the observant enc posted this pair of Balenciaga boots.

Not one to rush to judgment (just savor the irony of that statement), I commented that I’d like to see them on someone before committing.

So here, found on the savvy site Jak & Jil, is an image of the boots in motion.

A very interesting silhouette, think I, but perhaps one reserved for the supernaturally attenuated, such as the balletic gazelle.

This model looks divine, but would mortals appear to be wearing exceptionally handsome leather rectangles that would considerably stockify their gams?

13 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i agree...these are boots that are wonderful on models, but if i threw them on with some jeans, i'd look silly.

Anonymous said...

I agree as well - these would give me elephant leg in seconds flat.

K.Line said...

The silhouette isn't thrilling me...

La Belette Rouge said...

Beautiful on her. Amazing silhouette. But, very much one that I must avoid.

Elizabeth said...

You make an excellent point, miss cav. I love these on this girl, but would wonder about stockification on others.

Songy said...

I will be a victim of the stockification if I were wear them. definite no no for a short legged Asian mortal like me. :)

Songy said...

forgot to mention, Miss cav. Your blog is really the only one that makes me look up Dictionary.com... learning new vacabs is fun. :)

Miss Cavendish said...

Too funny, Songy! Must be the English prof in me talking . . .

ryder said...

i saw this boots on natasha poly. great looking boots if u ask me.

Angela said...

i think it is better in theory. i have bought things that sounded good in theory and oops....

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

For mere mortals these are not!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Hi prof!
am I the only one that can & want to wear those??? I love, I want...
;) I agree with Songy, thank God for Dictionary.com!!! hee*

Unknown said...

I so want those boots. ...like bad.