Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On the Double: Vogue's Twin Set




It’s difficult to imagine what the Vogue staffers were thinking when they created twin covers for Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie.

Sure, their names are kind of twinny (JA to AJ); Angelina *has* twins while Jennifer is *suspected* to be carrying a pair; both called or call Brad Pitt her spouse or partner at one time.

Or maybe it was at the same time, as Aniston’s cover quote implies.

But I digress.

So what do you think—is this twin set in red too matchy matchy or is it just right?
**Some context: these covers are about 12 months apart. I spied this story on Jezebel.

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I never made the connection before today. It's a bit weird, I agree.

La Belette Rouge said...

I am dense. Sorry. Are these back to back months? Or is it just the red dress thing and they are similar covers? I am sorry. I am having a low IQ day.

I love a red dress and so I would be okay if they featured a red dress 12 months out of the year. That said, I would still not buy the magazine even if they did.

Miss Cavendish said...

It's the red-dress thing on the sand. The covers are about 12 months apart, though. Today's Jezebel.com pointed it out . . .

K.Line said...

ooooh, freaky. I think it's kind of inappropriate meets unimaginative. JA has to stop talking about AJ. It's enough already. Don't you agree?

Miss Cavendish said...

I'm all for publicly zipped lips in such a situation!

WendyB said...

I think Vogue in general needs more imaginative covers. That's all this says to me!

Aniston hasn't really said that much about the situation. She's responded to a few questions but usually it's people putting words in her mouth. Tough situation when no one stops speculating on your personal life...

Songy said...

Vogue should know better. They are quite careless really. If I was the editor I won't let that happen. Now I can't help but thinking how Jolie looks much better...

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

A bit weird, but I kind of like it!

Anonymous said...

What a subtle, vaguely sinister thing for them to do.