Monday, July 6, 2009

Cirque de Miss C

When we went to see Disco Cirque, my eldest daughter was smitten by the silk work—an extremely flexible performer executed stunning acrobatics while gripping two pieces of silk cloth that hung from beam to floor.

So now her birthday wish is for two long pieces of silk and duct tape, to best attach the cloth to our ceiling.

Oh dear.

I might just go with the second option on her birthday list: a pair of Rollerblades, which I was fully prepared to veto until her obsession with circus silks.

Perhaps she’s be satisfied if she saw her mum wearing these fab Circus Suede and Net booties by Christian Louboutin?

Or should I just send in the clowns?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for the Rollerblades ... and the booties!

WendyB said...

I'm with Sal!

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

Wow, she has guts. (I'm too much of a coward to do anything acrobatic.)

I ADORE those pumps...but the heel height is quite scary.

La Belette Rouge said...

I think you deserve the shoes for having her. I mean, shouldn't she be getting you something. It was you who went through pregnancy and labor to get here!;-)

Miss Cavendish said...

You know, Belette, for the past 10 years I've felt that children's birthdays should indeed be about their mother. I'll see whether Liv has an extra $1200 in her piggy bank to treat her mother! (Um . . I wish.)

Elizabeth said...

Forget everything and go for those shoes!

Vodka Mom said...

my lovelies are into writing inspiring notions on their walls with sidewalk chalk.


I would rather the silk...........

Mary-Laure said...

I love it that she wants some silk and duct tape - very creative, and hours of fun...

Shani said...

Quite. Seriously. Gorgeous. Shoes. Don't know whether to wear them or put them on a pedestal! Ok, wear them. Wear them!