Thursday, July 30, 2009

When Miuccia Met Morris

How I love it when designers take William Morris prints as inspiration (or C. F. A. Voysey, for that matter).

To wit, Prada has an art nouveau-inspired resort collection, which I’ve put together in a collage because I think that these colorful prints and shapes are best seen in a jumble. (Click to enlarge for a clearer view.)

One piece is *interesting* on its own; eight are a jolly riot (well, to me). (Oh, those amazing little handkerchief bloomers!)

4 comments:

Belle de Ville said...

I never cease to be delighted by Prada.
And sort of on the topic of William Morris, have you read the new A.S. Byatt book that just got nominated for the Booker prize and did you like it?

Miss Cavendish said...

Belle, I'm more an Elizabeth Bowen reader than an A.S. Byatt one, but I'll take a peek, especially if Morris figures in the plot in some manner . . .

Miss Cavendish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thumbelina Fashionista said...

I love Prada's resort collection, and her fall collection isn't bad either (but I can definitely do without those thigh-high rain boots).

The Francis "piano" dress is available at Macys, I think...