Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tread-ing Water; or, the Dolphin Wore Prada

In an earlier post I denounced, blasted, and condemned a “tread” sole as being simply “treadful.”

But perhaps the beautiful water I’ve been treading at Cavendish Beach has done something to my perspective, because I’ve been liking these shoes by Prada.

They’re casual and smart at the same time.

I’d wear them with this bag,


And I adore this little wrist pouch (both bags by Prada):




(I’ve actually made pouches [for gifts] just like this out of William Morris “Strawberry Thief” Liberty of London fabric. Must start making things for self.)

Fall feels a long way away from these red cliff beaches, but it’s beginning to percolate. . . Or is it just the coffee in my cottage?

8 comments:

K.Line said...

I don't know which is more hilarious: "treadful" or "the dolphin wore Prada" Hahaha

delete this said...

I am in love with that bag - is that Prada as well?

delete this said...

Oh I found it on Neiman Marcus and now I will attempt to forget it thanks to the price tag - ouch!

Anonymous said...

Treads on a Mary Jane? Brilliant.

Belle de Ville said...

Wow, I think that those Mary Janes are adorable...Like a Cole Haan but edgier. And the bad is delicious. My office is across the street from the Prada store so I think that a little visit is in order...

Miss Cavendish said...

Mighty J -- everything is Prada and I found these lovely things at Saks.

La Belette Rouge said...

That sparkley bag makes me want to do flips and jump through hoops. I work for Prada bags and not fish.

Mardel said...

I think the Mary Janes are fabulous with the right things: they have a nice mix of casual/smart/girly/tough to make them rather defy categorization.

The sparkly bag is pretty fab too.