Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Military Jacket


It must be all those Saturdays at boarding school spent in full Highland Dress, for I truly do fall for military-inspired jackets every time.

Take this one from Anthropologie: it’s probably a bulky mess, what with all that fluffy, thick velvet and lining, but I’d happily don it with jeans and boots for a stomp across the meadow a la Mr. Darcy. (And I don’t even wear jeans, I just remembered.)

Costume-y, perhaps. But I don’t mind a good dress-up stoked by my favorite A&E Austen interpretation.

4 comments:

WendyB said...

Love the idea. Wonder how it would look around the hips but definitely worth trying on!

La Belette Rouge said...

Seriously, I saw that picture and I thought Austen A&E. If that jacket came with a GWP of a date with Mr. Darcy I would buy it no matter the price or the bulk.

Angie Muresan said...

Ohhh... that is lovely Miss C.!!! I want it! But I must say I am shocked you don't wear jeans!?! What is the reason?

Shani said...

Love it. I had a similar jacket in black during the early 90s... I hate that I have no idea where it ended up! As if I could still fit into it...