Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Military Jacket


It must be all those Saturdays at boarding school spent in full Highland Dress, for I truly do fall for military-inspired jackets every time.

Take this one from Anthropologie: it’s probably a bulky mess, what with all that fluffy, thick velvet and lining, but I’d happily don it with jeans and boots for a stomp across the meadow a la Mr. Darcy. (And I don’t even wear jeans, I just remembered.)

Costume-y, perhaps. But I don’t mind a good dress-up stoked by my favorite A&E Austen interpretation.

7 comments:

LPC said...

I like it.

hmstrjam said...

love it!

WendyB said...

Love the idea. Wonder how it would look around the hips but definitely worth trying on!

Mardel said...

Nice

La Belette Rouge said...

Seriously, I saw that picture and I thought Austen A&E. If that jacket came with a GWP of a date with Mr. Darcy I would buy it no matter the price or the bulk.

Angie Muresan said...

Ohhh... that is lovely Miss C.!!! I want it! But I must say I am shocked you don't wear jeans!?! What is the reason?

Shani said...

Love it. I had a similar jacket in black during the early 90s... I hate that I have no idea where it ended up! As if I could still fit into it...