Friday, November 20, 2009

Miss Cavendish in Selvedge Magazine

I'm delighted to share an early peek at my article in the November/December issue of Selvedge, the London-based textiles magazine.


I wrote an introductory piece to Selvedge's Handmade Holidays section and have posted images of the pages from my online subscribers' edition (I couldn't wait till mid-December for my bookstore to stock its shelves with the print version!).

My piece is a cultural exploration of the DIY movement, with, I hope, a dash of wit. The print below won't be legible, so do take a look for Selvedge on the style racks. It should be arriving in a couple of weeks!



9 comments:

K.Line said...

I don't think I've ever seen this mag. But I will def keep my eyes open for it. Lovely looking spread!

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

Congrats on the spread!!

I know I've been absent for a while...please forgive me. Hope you are well.

Belle de Ville said...

Congratulations!
I love the title.

Angie Muresan said...

I am so impressed! Enjoy your weekend.

Null said...

I'm totally fascinated by this article; frustrated I can't read it right now. You wouldn't share a pdf?

I did my MA thesis partly on the Arts and Crafts Movement in the UK and how the fine artist grappled with the commodification (read: art market) of his work at the turn of the 20th c.(an era that valued the mass-produced over the high-minded toils of the artist, artisan, crafter. . .)

Amazing, Miss Cavendish!

Elizabeth said...

My eyes can't make much of that out, but I'm enthralled for you and will look out for the mag!

materfamilias said...

Congratulations on the publication! I will be keeping my eyes peeled for a copy of this mag -- hope I can find it.

Make Do Style said...

I will hunt out in the London newsagents! I have that very gingham cloth on my kitchen table currently

SnOOp said...

oh wow congratulations. I love this magazine...