Wednesday, November 11, 2009

S-s-s-spats All, Folks!

Have I ever told you that I wore spats every Saturday for three years?

Of course they were part of my full Highland Dress (yes, that again!) in boarding school, but I imagined that they were atop a sleek pair of elegantly heeled boots instead of the cadet-corps-issue boots that were impossible to shine.

But now, with these smart Prada simulated-spat boots, my dream has come true. Now if I could only find them in my size (8.5).

I don’t even think that these spats would need a spit-shine. Not that I ever did that with my cadet boots. Ick.

11 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

I'm not so sure I like that heel. But I bet they are comfy. By the way, mail will head out this weekend. Went to the post office yesterday with my packages only to find that it was a national holiday and the post office was closed.

Miss Cavendish said...

Indeed, they're kind of costume-y and reminiscent of Mary Poppins. But I like that look, for a look.

Elizabeth said...

Those are incredible. If it was me, I'd start calling every Prada store in the world until I found some.

Miss Cavendish said...

Don't tempt me. I have an obsessive-recessive gene. ;-)

LPC said...

Photos of Spats 1.0?

La Belette Rouge said...

LOL@ obsessive-recessive gene. I laugh because I have one too. So, are you calling Prada or what?

Belle de Ville said...

Can please, PLEASE post a photo of yourself in full highland dress.

Miss Cavendish said...

Oh, haha! I don't know if I even have one. But I do remember that I was a sargeant . . .

Make Do Style said...

Love the spatts and yes do show a photo in full attire!

Null said...

I had a pair of Ferragamo spat-esque shoes that I lost in my move to NYC. My heart aches as I look at these ferociously demure Prada-takes-on-the-spat version.

I'm your size. Want to split the bill?;-)

American Sarta said...

Spats are always awsome!

Susana @ Monjio

http://monjiocreations.etsy.com