Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Mane Event


Ahh—the influence of this beautiful photograph continues.

Fresh from the pages of New York Look is a fringe-y dress by Alexander McQueen, with a certain horse-y vibe.


It reminds me very much of the above photo of a lovely horse’s mane (of Bergdorf Goodman catalogue provenance and given as a gift to Francisco Costa by BG’s Linda Fargo).

And if that isn’t a mouthful of a sentence, try chomping on some apples while stomping around the paddock on a wet Christmas Eve or cuddling up in your stable under a colorful Hermes blanket (which I imagine this horse might be doing), dreaming of sugar-plum saddles.

10 comments:

WendyB said...

I want to give that dress a carrot and a lump of sugar, while talking to it in a soothing voice.

Miss Cavendish said...

Ha! You are such a gentle friend to animals . . .

Elizabeth said...

This post made me both happy and sad!

Oh what I'd give to get ON a horse! I haven't been on one for more than five years.

Miss Cavendish said...

Now, I KNOW that horses exist in California . . . can you treat yourself for the new year?

Songy said...

that model's hair style even matches.

Belle de Ville said...

Love the horse...hate the dress.

Miss Cavendish said...

Yes indeed, Belle--what works beautifully in nature should stay in nature, in this case . . .

Louisem said...

I just discovered your blog and really enjoy it. Thank you.
I have a question I was hoping you can help me with.
I absolutely "LOVE" this Horse Mane picture.(on 2008 postings) Do you have any information on it other than it came from the BG catologue. Name of artist perhaps? Thank you so much either way.

Miss Cavendish said...

Louise, I even called Linda Fargo's office at Bergdorf Goodman (she gave the photo as a gift to Francisco Costa) and her assistant replied that Fargo "forgot" (cough, cough) the name of the photographer. I have chastised myself for recycling the BG magazine (without writing down the photog's name) after removing this page. BG does have an archivist for its magazines, if I remember correctly, but I have not contacted her/him.

Louisem said...

Thank you so much for replying. If I find it I will be sure to let you know as well.
Have a lovely day!